About the game
Charterstone is a worker placement legacy-style board game. Can you convince the forever king to declare your village the new Eternal City? Pick one of the 6 unique characters to lead your charter. Discover new buildings, scoring possibilities and game mechanics. Strategize and manage your workers, buildings and resources. Watch the ruleset, and the village, expand from game to game. Build upon your progress from previous games. Uncover the story as you progress through the campaign.
The long campaign is divided into a series of individual games. Each game will have it’s own unique rules quirk as well as a unique goal set for you. Each game will build upon the previous ones and add something new! Your decisions and play style will affect the campaign, both as it progresses and its ending. Importantly, there are no negative interactions between players. In other words, you score points on the back of your own strategy, not by undermining your opponents. It’s especially important when playing against your friends or family in the Hot Seats mode!
The campaign is divided into 12 games. In each one players take turns to send their workers to different buildings constructed in the village. They collect resources and different types of cards - all useful in one way or another. Each game comes with 3 Objectives that can be scored for additional points as well as a guidepost - a secondary, optional task and a rules change - different every game. Winning individual games is one thing - but remember, it’s sometimes worth it to forgo individual victory if it means better set up for winning the entire campaign!
Alternatively - there’s a single game mode, where you can play just a single game. You can turn on or off different rules or game components (modules), randomly generate a map, pick one of the preset ones or even load one of yours! And all of this, both campaign and single game, you can play in online multiplayer (with full cross-platform support), in hot seats mode with your friend or family, or solo against the AI!
What can you expect?
- Pick one of the 6 unique characters to lead your charter
- Discover new buildings, scoring possibilities and game mechanics
- Strategize and manage your workers, buildings and resources
- Watch the ruleset, and the village, expand from game to game
- Build upon your progress from previous games
- Uncover the story as you progress through the campaign
- Full replayability – no two campaigns will be the same
- Official Charterstone rules, consulted with Jamey Stegmaier himself
- Play with AI, friends or both – great experience for both solo and group play
- Single Game mode with randomly generated and pre-set maps
- Customize your Single Games with modular rules
- Unique experience of a board game with convenience of a digital platform
- Awesomely animated board game map, buildings, characters and more!
- No negative interactions between players – no backstabbing!
- 2018 Diana Jones Award for Excellence in Gaming Nominee
- 2017 Golden Geek Most Innovative Board Game Nominee
- 2017 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
- 2017 Meeples’ Choice Nominee
- 2017 Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Nominee
- 2017 Golden Geek Best Board Game Artwork & Presentation Nominee
- 2017 Cardboard Republic Architect Laurel Nominee